A CSV file can be created in MS Excel, or Numbers. In UPGRD Photos CSV files are used in order to upload a list with contacts, to send out invitations for an upcoming event. Those invitations including a link and guardians can sign up their child to the event. In the same time a guardian is giving the permission that you can make photos of the child.
But how to create the CSV file?
NOTE: The following instructions are for Numbers, in order to create a CSV file in MS Excel, please scroll down.
- Open Numbers and choose a blank template.
- Use the first column for the email addresses of the guardians.
- In the next two columns you can enter the first and last name of the child (An order is not necessary, as you can choose the columns later in the software when uploading the list)
- Make sure that no Headers or Footers are active as the CSV file can only be uploaded, when they don't include Headers and Footers.
- When you checked that no Headers and Footers are active, click on FILE.
- Go to EXPORT TO and choose CSV... .
- Click on NEXT if CSV is highlighted.
- Name the file, choose where to save it and click on EXPORT.
- Congratulations, your CSV file is ready for upload!